Do you know a museum or gallery educator (paid or unpaid) that deserves special recognition? Nominate them for an award!
Museums Australia (Victoria) are pleased to announce that nominations for the 2018 Victorian Museum Awards are now open.
This is your chance to nominate a special individual or organisation for excellence in line with the National Standards for Australian Museums and Galleries.
The nomination process is simple, free, and open to both members and non-members, so why not nominate? Winners receive a tailored media pack to promote their Award in the media.
Nominations are invited in the following categories:
- Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Excellence (Volunteer)
- Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Excellence (Paid Staff)
Individual Award winners receive a professional development pack valued at over $400.
- Archival Survival Award for Volunteer-Run Museums (up to 1 EFT paid staff) – Prize: archival supplies valued at $1,000
- Archival Survival Award for Small Museums (2-7 paid staff) – Prize: archival supplies valued at $1,000
- Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Medium Museums (8-50 Paid Staff)
- Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Large Museums (51+ paid staff)
Nominations close Friday 22 June. We look forward to receiving your entries!
Photo: Andrew Abbott, Chief Executive, Creative Victoria, presents the Award for Large Museums to Alex Price and Linda Sproul, Museums Victoria, for the Pauline Gandel Children's Gallery, at the Victorian Museum Awards Ceremony held at ACMI on Wednesday 26 July 2017. Photo: Simon Fox, Deakin University.