Building on the success of Silver Linings, in 2021 we plan to bring a series of programs with a focus on renewal and regeneration. If last year was about reacting and looking for the positive, this year will be about renewal and possibility.
The beginnings of a pandemic provided a different landscape and sense of what we need to do as educators and programmers. Resilience and flexibility came to the fore as key skills needed. In this new series we plan to consider ways to reinvent our practices and programs in ways that minimise health risks and maximise educational impact.
So it is with pleasure that we bring you the first of our reNEWed series of programs.
Hands off engagement
|Date:||Wednesday, 10 March 2021|
|Time:||4 to 5pm|
|Venue:||Registered attendees will receive a Zoom link via email prior to the event|
|Tickets:||AMaGA Members free – Non-members $5|
|Book your ticket today|
GLAM (galleries, libraries, museums and archives) educators often pride themselves on delivering hands-on, interactive and engaging learning experiences that are distinct from the classroom. As programs restart in 2021, GLAM organisations are scrambling to find methods and processes to keep students both safe and engaged. Come along to hear how your sector is adapting and find inspiration to have your education programs reNEWed.
Hosted by Michelle Kiag, Education Manager at National Trust of Australia (Victoria), presenters include:
- Stephanie Rosestone, Engagement, Learning and Programs Manager at National Wool Museum will provide the summary results of our recent survey
- Christine Healey, Curator Education & Community Learning at Incinerator Gallery will talk about what makes an effective pedagogy for museum and gallery contexts
- Alice Barnes, Education Officer at Sovereign Hill will share how programs have been adapted for meaningful learning experience within a COVID environment
Then we plan to open the floor with a discussion and opportunity for attendees to share their experiences and ideas:
- How is your organisation adapting to COVID restrictions – operational?
- How have you adapted your programs to be meaningful learning experience within a COVID environment?
We hope you can join us.